Saturday, September 24, 2011

Circle casting - My first one!

Em hotep!

So yesterday I casted my first circle, following Egyptian Paganism for Beginners by Jocelyn Almond and Keith Seddon( I've had this book for over 18 months now and haven't done any thing with it but read it). It was amazing! I invoked Heru sa Aset, since I wanted to work with a Netjer in a circle that I've worked with before. I've never felt closer to him then I did in the circle. When I used to do rituals, I would follow what I learned over various forums and books on Kemetic recon or Kemetic Orthodoxy (forum only), but it felt like when ever I was praying or offering to the Netjeru, it felt like I was yelling across a very long canyon and we were having a hard time hearing each other.

So a few months ago, I starting looking into Tameran Wicca and Egyptian paganism, just to learn at first, thinking 'oh well I don't see any need for casting a circle, that's a Wiccan thing and I'm Kemetic but this stuff is interesting though!' but then I started watching a few YouTube channels. Most of the YouTubers were Wiccan or Tameran Wiccan, and after watching many videos on magick and circle casting and why you cast a circle, and it changed my mind on the subject. The circle has a point - to keep energy in! It's also just another way to communicate with the Netjeru. I can't believe how long I've kept this out of my practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment